Ms. Chou focuses her practice on defending companies of all sizes in a wide range of litigation matters, including labor and employment, multi-party commercial disputes, premises liability, school liability, sexual assault, civil rights, and insurance coverage. In addition to conducting trials, arbitrations, and administrative hearings, she is well-versed in appellate matters, having drafted and argued appeals before the New York State Appellate Division, First and Second Departments.
She actively advises clients on employment matters, including best practices, preventative measures, and the creation and review of policies. She counsels corporations and educational institutions on issues that arise daily, with an effort to avoid litigation and resolve disputes expeditiously. Ms. Chou also frequently provides training on matters such as Title VII, Title IX, the ADA, the Clery Act, and the Rehabilitation Act.
- Sorvillo v. St. Francis Preparatory School, 2015 WL1759573 (2nd Circuit 2015)
- Levin v. Mercedes-Benz Manhattan, Inc., 11 N.Y.S.3d 856 (1st Dep’t 2015)
- Konaz v. St. John’s Preparatory School, 105 A.D.3d 912 (2d Dep’t 2013)
- Scarito v. St. Joseph Hill Academy, 62 A.D.3d 773 (2d Dep't 2009)
- White v. Mt. St. Michael H.S., 41 A.D.3d 220 (1st Dep't 2007)
- Colozzo v. Nat'l Center Foundation, 30 A.D.3d 25 (1st Dep't 2006)
- Jonathan Woodner Co. v. American Phoenix Corp., 304 A.D.2d 366 (1st Dep’t 2003)
Memberships and Affiliations
- Association of the Bar of the City of New York: Committee on Young Lawyers; Member, 2000 – 2002; Secretary, 2002 – 2004
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1995, Fordham Intellectual Property, Media & Entertainment Law Journal
- B.A., International Studies (Far East Concentration), Johns Hopkins University, 1992, Dean's List, Winthrop Smith Scholarship
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York