Philip C. Semprevivo, Jr.
Mr. Semprevivo focuses his practice on labor and employment law, products liability, general commercial and civil litigation for clients including multinational corporations, charitable organizations, educational institutions and government entities. He has handled complex litigation in state and federal proceedings throughout the United States.
He has extensive experience in advising clients in regards to compliance with federal labor laws, EEOC and state equal employment opportunity regulations, practices and policies. Mr. Semprevivo also regularly counsels clients on compliance with various consumer fraud and warranty acts and statutes.
Additionally, he provides general business counsel to clients on issues pertaining to contracts, insurance coverage, and employment policies and practices.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1994
- M.B.A., Fordham University, 1994
- B.A., Political Science, Fairfield University, 1989
Memberships and Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Resurrection Grammar School Foundation: Member, Board of Trustees
- Village of Port Chester, New York's industrial Development Agency: Member 2010-2012
- Village of Port Chester, New York's Local Development Corporation: Member 2010-2012
- Former United States Army Reservist
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Konaz v. St. John's Preparatory Sch., 2013 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 2493 (2nd Dep't 2013)
- Reeps v BMW of N. America, LLC, 2012 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 5788 (N.Y. County 2012)
- St. John's Univ. v. Butler Rogers Baskett Architects, P.C., 92 A.D.3d 761 (2d Dep't 2012)
- Scarito v. St. Joseph Hill Acad., 62 A.D.3d 773 (2d Dep't 2009)
- Wood ex rel. United States v. Applied Research Assocs., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 48761
- White v. Mount St. Michael High School, 41 A.D.3d 220 (1st Dep't 2007)
- McQuillan v. St. Vincent's Hosp., 8 A.D.3d 148 (1st Dep't 2004)
- Krash v. Bishop-Sanzari, J.V., 309 A.D.2d 788 (2d Dep't 2003)
- Fazio v. Federal Express Corp., 272 A.D.2d 259 (1st Dep't 2000)
- Park Health Ctr. v. Country-Wide Ins. Co., 2 Misc. 3d 737
- Hynes v. Tomei, 237 A.D.2d 52 (2d Dep't 1997)
- People v. Harris, 174 Misc. 2d 654 (Kings County 1997)