Philip C. Semprevivo, Jr.
Mr. Semprevivo focuses his practice on labor and employment law, products liability, general commercial and civil litigation for clients including multinational corporations, charitable organizations, educational institutions and government entities. He has handled complex litigation in state and federal proceedings throughout the United States.
He has extensive experience in advising clients in regards to compliance with federal labor laws, EEOC and state equal employment opportunity regulations, practices and policies and regularly prepares and lectures clients regarding various changes and developments in key areas of the labor and employment law.
Additionally, Mr. Semprevivo provides general business counsel to clients in various industries, including domestic and foreign manufacturing, aviation, transportation and education, on issues pertaining to contracts, insurance coverage, consumer protection, and employment policies and practices.
- J.D., Fordham University School of Law, 1994
- M.B.A., Fordham University, 1994
- B.A., Political Science, Fairfield University, 1989
Memberships and Affiliations
- Defense Research Institute (DRI)
- Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS)
- Resurrection Grammar School Foundation: Member, Board of Trustees
- Village of Port Chester, New York's industrial Development Agency: Member 2010-2012
- Village of Port Chester, New York's Local Development Corporation: Member 2010-2012
- Former United States Army Reservist
- New York
- U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court for the Western District of New York
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- Matter of Djafari v. BMW of N. America, LLC, 2014 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 5370 (2nd Dep't 2014)
- Sean R. v BMW of N. America, LLC, et al. 115 A.D.3d 432 (1st Dep't 2014)
- Konaz v. St. John's Preparatory Sch., 2013 N.Y. App. Div. LEXIS 2493 (2nd Dep't 2013)
- Reeps v BMW of N. America, LLC, et al. 2012 N.Y. Misc. LEXIS 5788 (N.Y. County 2012)
- St. John's Univ. v. Butler Rogers Baskett Architects, P.C., 92 A.D.3d 761 (2d Dep't 2012)
- Scarito v. St. Joseph Hill Acad., 62 A.D.3d 773 (2d Dep't 2009)
- Wood ex rel. United States v. Applied Research Assocs., 2008 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 48761
- White v. Mount St. Michael High School, 41 A.D.3d 220 (1st Dep't 2007)
- McQuillan v. St. Vincent's Hosp., 8 A.D.3d 148 (1st Dep't 2004)
- Krash v. Bishop-Sanzari, J.V., 309 A.D.2d 788 (2d Dep't 2003)
- Fazio v. Federal Express Corp., 272 A.D.2d 259 (1st Dep't 2000)
- Park Health Ctr. v. Country-Wide Ins. Co., 2 Misc. 3d 737
- Hynes v. Tomei, 237 A.D.2d 52 (2d Dep't 1997)
- People v. Harris, 174 Misc. 2d 654 (Kings County 1997)